The Oklahoma City Museum of Art will host several holiday-themed events this winter.
Master Strokes: Dutch and Flemish Drawings from the Golden Age
October 28, 2017 to January 21, 2018
Traveling outside of Great Britain for the first time, this marvelous new exhibition presents some of the most important works from the Victoria and Alberts outstanding collection of Dutch and Flemish drawings, one of the principle holdings in Britain. Showing approximately ninety works from the sixteenth to the twentieth centuries, it includes masterpieces by Peter Paul Rubens, Sir Anthony van Dyck and Rembrandt van Rijn.
SONIC Free Family Day
December 3, 12-5 pm
SONIC Free Family Day is a chance for families to receive free Museum admission, take part in fun art making activities, see exciting performances and films, and create memories that last a lifetime! The event is 12-5 pm with activities on all three floors of the Museum and is by SONIC, America’s Drive-In. This event is free!
Saturdays, 1-4 pm
Join our guest artists in the Museum classrooms every Saturday from 1-4 pm as they interact with families to create extraordinary works of art inspired by the Museum’s collection, exhibitions and the holiday season. Free with admission.
Christmas For Grown-Ups
The OKC Museum of Art is proud to present a series of Christmas cult classics and holiday hidden gems designed to combat shopping fatigue, winter blues, and Mannheim Steamroller-induced insanity. From subversive comedy to star-crossed romance to Bruce Willis jumping off the roof of Nakatomi Plaza strapped to a fire hose, there’s a little something for almost everybody. So leave the little ones at home, grab a drink from our well-stocked theater bar, and enjoy some well deserved grown-up time.
- A Christmas Tale — Thursday, December 21 | 7:30 pm (screening on 35 mm!)
- The Dead — Friday, December 22 | 5:30 pm (screening on 35 mm!)
- Brazil — Friday, December 22 | 8 pm
- Metropolitan — Saturday, December 23 | 5:30 pm
- Bad Santa — Saturday, December 23 | 8 pm
- Die Hard — Sunday, December 24 | 12:30 pm
- Eyes Wide Shut — Thursday, December 28 | 7:30 pm
- The Thin Man — Friday, December 29 | 5:30 pm (screening on 35 mm!)
- My Night at Maud’s — Friday, December 29 | 8 pm
- Carol — Saturday, December 30 | 5:30 pm
- 2046 — Saturday, December 30 | 8 pm (screening on 35 mm!)
- The Apartment — Sunday, December 31 | 2 pm
New Years Eve at OKCMOA
December 31, 7 pm – Midnight
The Museum galleries, including Dale Chihuly: Magic & Light and Master Strokes will be open New Year’s Eve for visitors. Also, don’t miss Oklahoma City’s Opening Night, dinner at the Museum Cafe, and champagne and views of the downtown fireworks on the roof at midnight!
Hours of Operation
Tuesday-Saturday: 10 am-5 pm
Thursday: 10 am-9 pm
Sunday: noon-5 pm
November 22nd (day before Thanksgiving): 10 am-3 pm
Christmas Eve: 10 am-3 pm
Closed: Mondays, New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day
For information on holiday events at the OKC Museum of Art, visit http://www.okcmoa.com/holidays-at-okcmoa-2017/.